It’s been a while since I’ve posted about new episodes, but I’ve posted them online. There are two new episodes that are live on the podcast feed. Episode number 11 is a catch up episode that goes off to nowhere. Episode number 12 is part of 1 of some larger number of episodes with our guest Justin Vitcov.
Feel free to leave feedback! Let us know what you want to hear about next.
In this episode we talk about Tommy Caldwell and the book he just released called the push. We talk about the event at Planet Granite where Tommy came to speak and talk about the polite way to talk to professional climbers, though I’m not sure we reach any definitive conclusion.
Pictures of the event to follow.
Episode nine is up and we have a special guest to talk about pushing limits on lead. Here are a couple examples of the things we talk about:
– Talking about how Evan finally got us a listener!
– With Bridget the climber.
– Secret Touch Stone gym card for Acro Yoga.
– Dramatic comment card reading by Evan.
– Recap of the staff competition
– Definition of “Sport Climbing”
– Discussing rational and irrational fears
– Trying to find a way to push yourself in another area if you having issue in an area on a bad day.
– Alex Puccio is a climbing idol for Bridget.
– Shout outs for climbing at Gold Wall and Jail House.
– Started to talk about perception of female climbing.
You can get the episode from iTunes or this link.
This episode is a little bit ranty. We start with the idea of talking about lead climbing but end up hitting a very wide range of topics from our spirit animals to acro yoga and back to climbing again. There is som trash talking about the upcoming staff competition as well as talking about the Ohm, a new resistive climbing device to help compensate for my weight.
Link to the episode here. Should be on iTunes in the next day.
- Friction Series Finals, live streamed on instagram on Saturday, May 6th, around 4pm.
- Talking about the staff competition, and how Nick and Evan are going at each other. (aside, when I talked to Nick after the episode, he definitely complained about his finger pain)
- Finishing up talking about Climbing in Utah.
- and much more…
South Beta Episode 7 is out there. In this episode we talked about a trip we were taking to Utah. This is yet another van episode, but the van had much more stuff in it, so there is much more background noise.
- Van updates – the swizzle swivel seat, and noise from the refrigerator.
- Traveling to Utah – Zack randomly invites himself on a trip, and we discuss why Utah.
- Discussing the small podcast audience we have, guess is about 12. Feel free to reach out if you want to sponsor firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A little about Zion National Park.
- Defining chossy rock and campusing.
- Talking about the Hurricave in Hurricane, UT.
- Wing suiting and Paragliding compared to Hiking Mount Dana.
- Talking about the Utah Falcon Guide vs. The Limestone Bible.
- Future plans for climbing France.
- Talking about The Wave in northern Arizona.
Here is a direct link to Episode 007.
Pictures from Great Basin and then Great Basin Bakery (coming…)
One man’s journey to untangle the knot that is the climbing world with his cohost whom occasionally knows the answers to his climbing related questions.
What this means:
We are going to talk about climbing, lots of talking about climbing. My name is Zack and I roped in my cohost Evan to help with my journey through changing sports. Before climbing I was a competitive cheerleader for about 20 years. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve realized that I’d like to switch sports. I’ve been climbing off and on since I was 8, but have only recently committed to it. As I wade deeper into the sport, I often have lots of questions. Evan, who has been climbing a shorter period of time than me but has definitely done more in the sport, is there to help talk me through my exploration.